The Ketogenic Diet: A Beginner’s Guide
The Ketogenic diet plan is in the news these days because it helps people lose weight and burn fat much more effectively than many other diets. It is a low-carb diet that has been found to provide many health benefits. The idea is to cut down on carbohydrate intake but maintain an optimum protein intake; you can even consider increasing your daily fat intake. This diet works because carb reduction in the body leads to ketosis when fat starts to get burned for energy.
Basics of the Keto diet-things beginners need to know before starting the diet:
When following the Keto diet, you need to know which foods to eat, and which foods to avoid in order desired results.
Foods to Eat:
- Red meat, sausage and bacon, chicken and turkey, steak and ham
- Pastured eggs or omega-3 whole egg
- Fatty fish like trout, salmon, mackerel, tuna etc.
- Unprocessed cheese like mozzarella, goat cheese, cheddar cheese
- Nuts like almonds and walnuts, and seeds like flaxseed, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds.
- Avocados in whole form or as freshly-prepared guacamole
- Healthy oils like coconut oil, avocado oil, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Most green vegetables, peppers, tomatoes and onions
- You can add salt and pepper to your meals along with other spices and healthy herbs.
- Foods don’t necessarily need to be in the whole category. Keto supplements help millions stay on their diet and compliment their existing eating plan. Keto pills which suppress hunger, maintain energy and focus are easy, cheap and convenient to take. They are one of the most popular Keto supplements today. Working with our partner website we’ve compiled a analysis of which keto pill is the best so that you get the best quality product for the most reasonable price.
Foods to Avoid:
Foods that are known to be high in carbohydrates should ideally be avoided.
- Sugary foods like fruit juices, sodas, ice creams, cakes and candies
- Kidney beans, legumes, peas, chickpeas etc.
- All fruits except moderate portions of strawberries
- It is best to avoid low-fat or diet-friendly foods as these tend to be processed and usually very high in carb content
- Certain condiments and sauces that are sugar-rich and contain unhealthy fats
- Sugar-free foods are typically processed and tend to have high sugar alcohols that are known to affect your ketone levels.
- Alcohols are best avoided as these are high in carbs.
What health benefits can you get from a Keto diet?
- To begin with, a Keto diet will help to lose weight fast. The results are much faster than any other low-fat diet. The important thing is that the diet is wholesome and filling; so, you can comfortably lose weight without having to worry about calorie intake.
- This diet plan works well for people with pre-diabetes conditions of diabetes. In diabetes, there are changes in metabolism that cause fluctuations in blood glucose levels. This diet helps you lose the extra fat that is typically linked to pre-diabetes, diabetes and metabolic syndrome. In studies it has been seen that many diabetes patients have successfully discontinued their medications after starting off on the Keto diet plan.
- Keto diet is now being recommended as an effective tool in the treatment of neurological ailments like epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease. Keto boost side effects are also discussed with patients who are prone to epilepsy.
- The diet improves risk factors like HDL levels, body fat, blood glucose levels and blood pressure levels.
- Keto diet is also being recommended for treating different cancers.
- The Keto diet can bring down insulin levels that play a crucial role in PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome.
- When you eat less sugar and have low insulin levels it can help to improve ace problems in the skin.